The villa is the oldest urban residential building in Kopřivnice. The house, which was built by the famous builder Heinrich Czeike, started construction in 1888 and was completed in 1889, and was built for the physician Ignac Bönisch, who worked for 39 years in the Vila, and during these years became an integral part of Kopřivnice.
The Vila with attic and basement combines elements of Art Nouveau and English rural architecture.
In 1945, the house was confiscated and several tenants lived there, and from the 1950s it was a music school. In 1977 a puppet theatre started using the building, which saved it. In the 1990s, the TATRA car factory transferred the Vila to the city free of charge.
In 2014, the buildings from the town were bought and completely reconstructed by the Husbands of Mach of Kopřivnice. Thanks to their patriotism and gentle intervention during the reconstruction, visitors to either the café or to the small family guest house, which are the pillars of Vila Machů, can admire the original artefacts and elements of Art Nouveau that are connected to today's modern style.
The Vila is a great starting point for excursions to the surrounding areas. We are located within 100 meters of train and bus stops.
The city centre is only 5 minutes walk away, where you can visit the TATRA Technical Museum or continue to the oldest building in Kopřivnice, the Fojtství Museum, with a permanent exhibition of carriages.
Štramberk is worth visiting, the dominant feature of which is Štramberk Castle with the Trúba Gothic Tower and the historic town centre with a wooden suburb.
The town of Příbor, where you cannot miss the birthplace of the world-famous Sigmund Freud's psychoanalysis, it is located only 6km from Kopřivnice. The local piercing monastery with its adjacent garden, greatly contributed to the title of "The Historic City of 2015".
General Laudon's name is an inherent part of the history of Nový Jičín(15km). The house in which the general died is still part of the square, which in 2015 was proclaimed "The most beautiful square in the Czech Republic".
Last but not least, do not hesitate to visit Rožnov pod Radhoštěm(25km) where the Wallachian Museum of Nature was founded by the Jaroňkov brothers. Today, the second oldest museum of this type in Central Europe, offers various events inspired by folklore, folk customs and traditional crafts.
The picturesque landscape of Frenštát pod Radhoštěm offers hikers beautiful excursions to the surroundings. Pustevny is the most famous and most visited mountain resort in Beskydy. Thanks to the funicular it is open to the general public and is a great start for a trip to the mountain Radhošť which attracts visitors to the statue of the Pagan God Radegast.